Wood CAD CAM : TopSolid'Wood
- Work with a wood specialized CAD/CAM software
- Design and manufacture with only one software
- Manage your complex projects with powerful design and assembly management & capabilities
- Use different raw materials – wood, sheet metal, plastic, metal…thanks to the integration with all TopSolid modules
- Generate commercial and marketing documentation to help you better sell
- Save time thanks to the ease in making fast changes to your projects and the different standardisation options which enable existing projects to be reused
- Exchange data easily with partners - DXF, DWG, IGES, STEP, BMP, JPG
TopSolid’Wood is an integrated design, manufacturing and management software specialised for wood processing. It is a uniquely integrated CAD/CAM wood solution that meets the needs of designers, manufacturers and sub-contractors in the wood working sector. TopSolid’Wood offers all the modelling facilities of the powerful CAD module TopSolid’Design. In addition, TopSolid’Wood offers industry-specific functions for woodmaking which enable unprecedented time and quality gains.
TopSolid’Wood outputs to the CNC plant floor through TopSolid’WoodCam, an integrated CAM solution which automatically produces the ISO code, via a post processor, to manufacture parts on CNC machinery. TopSolid’Wood offers unique and complete simulation of the machine tool which is vital to verify complex 5 axis tool paths. Any modification made during the design stage is automatically recuperated in the machining stage without having to make time-consuming changes (positioning of the part, identification of operations, choice of tools, etc.) The generation of the new ISO codes, following a design modification is, therefore, practically instantaneous.
Some strong points of TopSolid’Wood
TopSolid’Wood is the only integrated CAD/CAM solution on the market which has been specificially developed for the wood industry:
- Unlimited creativity – TopSolid’Wood is based on the Parasolid modeller
- Designs made to be manufactured - TopSolid’Wood has been developed for use in a manufacturing environment and is completely integrated with TopSolid’WoodCam
- Maximise your company know-how - You can maximise your day-to-day productivity thanks to TopSolid’Wood’s parameter setting and associative properties
- Possibility to work with sheet metal, plastic, metal, … thanks to the integration with all TopSolid modules
- Component libraries including their machining processes
- Powerful draft module
- Data exchange with partners – through standard import and export interfaces and specific manufacturing interfaces
- Realistic rendered images
- Generation of commercial and marketing documentation to help you better sell
Manufacturing with TopSolid’Wood
The existence of a 3D design model in TopSolid'WoodCam offers complete integration between design and production processes. All tool paths are calculated taking into account the geometry of the model to be produced, the specific tooling to be used and the original stock as defined in TopSolid'Wood.
Any modification made during the design stage is automatically recuperated in the machining stage without having to make time-consuming changes (positioning of the part, identification of operations, choice of tools, etc.) The generation of the new ISO codes, following a design modification is, therefore, practically instantaneous.
Here are just a few TopSolid’WoodCam strong points:
- TopSolid’WoodCam is a specific CAM solution dedicated to the wood industry (with automatic feature recognition)
- All tools defined in the CAD database are automatically recognized in the CAM stage.
- Different machining options available (from simple to complex machining)
- Post-processors generated in collaboration with machine tool manufacturers